Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Natural High

Today I went gliding for the first time in my life. Apparently Invermere BC is a gliding mecca that offers tremendous thermals and of course beautiful views of glaciers and the mountains. I had an amazing pilot who asked if I would be willing to "play" on the way back. I had no idea how maneuverable a glider was!! I'm not sure if I am allowed to disclose all the things we did with the plane... However, I will mention that I got to experience complete weightlessness (negative gees) for the first time in my life and it is quite a different sensation than jumping from a great height.

With about a month left of summer, I hope that more people will be able to take a few days, and turn off the lap top and cell phones, and take a break from their routine. The Roman's used to say, "a change is as good as a rest" and there might be some truth to that!

No comments: