Friday, September 10, 2010

New Beginnings

As I came in to the school this week I saw a sea of new faces excitedly awaiting their journey in naturopathic medical school. CCNM is now set to graduate the most students per year of all the accredited naturopathic colleges in North America. I clearly remember how exciting that first month of school was and how it was such a paradigm shift for many people depending on their background. Very soon though, it becomes a lot of stress and an unbelievable amount of work. Even with the added responsibility that comes with treating patients as an intern, I would not trade those 1st year students places for anything!

As the summer comes to a close, it is easy for me to nostalgically look backwards instead of looking forward to the new beginnings I have too. For me, this is the last September I will ever be in school as next year my wife and I will be busy preparing to set up our practice. Also, next Monday the 4th year interns begin a series of new classes (ethics/jurisprudence, practice management, in office procedures) that prepare us to write our final board exams and ultimately for practice. More importantly, the fall brings many new patients to the clinic who either felt better through the warm, sunny months or obligations and distractions delayed them from addressing their health concerns until now.

No comments: