Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Here to Stay

Today I took my family to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto.  It was at least 15 years since I was there last, at that time with my siblings and parents.  The fair is a celebration of agriculture in Ontario where awards are presented to the finest specimens of farm produce and animals and includes a number of fantastic animal shows.  Complementing the food and agricultural theme this year was the “Journey to Your Good Health” educational presentations. Although much of the fair was the same as I remembered it from years ago, I was also aware of increased visibility of natural health products slowly permeating the conventional world and was happy to see a naturopathic doctor answering questions as part of a forum of health professionals.

Remember, we vote with our dollar.  So, support those small, local, environmentally conscious agricultural companies when you can - ensure they are here to stay.

No comments: