Monday, November 22, 2010

Resisting Burn-Out

As my  posts have slowly dwindled to a monthly endeavor, I feel the need to come clean about the toll this program has taken on my enthusiasm for extracurricular - even naturopathic related - activities.  Nearly every day for the last month or so seems to be a struggle to resist burn-out.  Unfortunately, it appears as if this is a common theme with this years' graduating class possibly due to several new program requirements.  Even within the last week, one of my colleagues started a new club where we have the opportunity to support each other and discuss ways to make positive changes.

I met a transfer student the other day who did one year of naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University and I was surprised to hear that the students there are possibly more stressed-out than at CCNM.  I didn't think that was possible!  How does the school maintain enrollment?  I am sure that Bastyr's campus located within a state park is helpful.  The thought of a state park...as great as the Paracelsus Herb garden is, and the Don Valley located across the street from CCNM, they are not a substitute for a state park.

I think Christmas will be my solace and I am certainly looking forward to a couple of weeks of bliss away from the busyness of Toronto. 

No comments: